SSUSA Job #783: UNIX Production Support Specialist/Project Manager
UNIX PRODUCTION SUPPORT SPECIALIST/PROJECT MANAGER
In this position your role will be to plan and implement financial applications in coordination with other technical teams in the company's business departments and application development/support teams. The role includes on-going application maintenance activities and production support.
The Project Manager part of the job supports the supports the financial applications that interface with various internal/external applications in the company globally.
While the servers are located in NY, each application is developed and maintained by the International application support teams of the company. Daily deliverables include end-to-end project management, troubleshooting of user and production issues and on-going application maintenance activities. Acts as a technical expert who works cross-functionally on multi-disciplinary projects within area of expertise.
As a project manager;
- Understand overall system architectures of the applications, and work with network, middleware, production support teams in the company to complete projects as well as troubleshoot production issues.
- Manages small-to-mid-sized projects by defining business and technical requirements, tracking schedule, estimate workload, obtain quotes from external vendors, budget approval process support, coordinate development effort with internal & external parties such as network team, storage team, and UNIX SA Team, mitigate issues and risks.
- Meet with business users to gather requirements and translate them into functional requirements, then consult with SME to execute.
As a UNIX production support;
- Assist UNIX (Solaris, HP-UX) system administrators and the international Development Teams to troubleshoot production issues related to hardware, network, operating systems etc.
- Assist System Test and User Test.
- Wide variety of technical understanding on computing technology such as Server-client architecture, Networking, LDAP, AD, VMware, SAN, NAS, DNS, DHCP, Citrix, Cluster servers, System Monitoring, Job Scheduler, ODBC, SFTP, MQ. The position does not require to be an expert of any one field, but need to have good knowledge in many different technologies to grasp project requirement and produce plan.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience. Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering or a related field preferred but not required.
- Experience with UNIX, Linux and Windows servers. Network and interface communication technologies including but not limited to MQ, SFTP, HTTP and ODBC.
- Familiarity with UNIX based operating system is a plus.
- Back office business analysis and design experience including payment, settlement, cash flow, accounting and reconciliation is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of financial products including but not limited to Money, CD, CP, Time Deposit, Facility, Security Trade, Security Inventory, Derivative, FX (Spot, Forward, Option and Swap), Repo, Reverse Repo and Collateral is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of UNIX based servers, network and interface communication technologies including but not limited to MQ, SFTP, HTTP and ODBC.
- Knowledge of project management methodology/SDLC/PLC processes in IT financial services environments is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- An analytical, problem-solving mindset and delivery focused with a client-centered orientation.
- Ability to work on cross-functional teams in a fast-paced development environment.
Basic experience working with Relational Databases, Enterprise Application Integration projects is a plus.
SEND YOUR RESUME TO JOBS@SSUSA.COM
MENTION JOB 783 IN THE SUBJECT BOX
New York City