SSUSA Job #754: Trading Floor Support Specialist
TRADING FLOOR SUPPORT SPECIALIST
One of our banking clients seeking an experienced Trading Floor Support Specialist person to work in NYC.
As first level support, the incumbent will be responsible for fielding and resolving inquiries. The specialist will answer, resolve and document issues either on the phone or during a desk side visit. The specialist must have the ability to identify and organize problem tickets with priority and route to the appropriate staff if needed.
You should have knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint), desktops, printers, laptops, mobile devices.
You will have ample opportunity for cross training and growth. The ideal candidate will be an ambitious self-starter that looks for stimulation and takes the initiative.
The User Support Specialist will also be responsible for creating/maintaining documentation and creation of support FAQs
- First-Level support – Identify and resolve support issues. Escalate tickets to appropriate individuals or groups if necessary.
- Desk side support for trading applications
- Log and track all calls using the Ticketing Database.
- Setup and deploy new workstations: operating system installs, application installations, configuration and testing.
- Manage nightly backups; Includes: maintaining the current tape library, configuration of backup software, creation of backup procedures, and daily status reporting.
Minimum two years’ experience in a user support, systems support, or systems administration role.
Specific Trading Floor experience preferred.
Candidate must have thorough familiarity with Windows, and Microsoft Office applications. Knowledge of Windows server platforms a plus. Candidate should possess a strong knowledge of networking ,and an understanding of Windows registry, user administration, NTFS security, performance monitoring and reporting.
- Troubleshooting and replacing hardware
- Installing software, patches, and updates on workstations and laptops
- Troubleshooting basic network, software, and printing problems
- Managing Users and Computers through Active Directory
- Experience with Market Data Applications (Bloomberg, Reuters)
- Administering Backup Servers
- Remote Access setup and troubleshooting via Citrix
– Excellent customer service skills
– Ability to recognize and remediate issues within the internal infrastructure
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Good influencing, relationship and stakeholder management skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work within stringent timeframes
- Strong analytical and investigation skills
- Strong team player
SEND YOUR RESUME TO JOBS@SSUSA.COM AND MENTION IN THE SUBJECT BOX JOB 754
New York City