Our financial client is looking to hire an experienced Java Developer who is responsible for the architecture, design, development, implementation, unit testing, regression testing, and production support of a real-time, high speed Risk platform using an Agile methodology. This individual will be a mentor to the rest of the team. .
Performs product design & troubleshooting exercises of extremely high complexity which require extensive research and analysis.
- Leads system design and specification development, program logic and flow-charting, architect application security solutions, testing, debugging, and documentation, with full awareness of cost/benefit, risk and performance.
- Will be responsible for making complex design choices to be used by the development teams.
- Will interface with Enterprise Architecture & Infrastructure teams on strategic designs and initiatives.
- Leads moderate to highly complex programming tasks, providing review of various development tasks and documentation.
- Provides analysis of problems and recommends solutions.
- Accountable for application security principles including the development of secure coding standards and practices.
- Is a key contributor in client/technology interactions in the development of technology solutions.Leads the troubleshooting of complex problems in both development and production environments, ensuring timely resolution of issues.
- Mentors more junior developers, serves as an SME on their system of expertise and directs the work and assigns development tasks of JR. Developers.
- Responsible for the development and documentation of best practices for his/her area of expertise.
- Experience with Eclipse, Maven, Java 8, git, Bitbucket, distributed caching, Oracle Coherence, REST, publish/subscribe, workflow tools preferred.
- 7-10 Years Total Experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Full knowledge of common software design patterns (Gang of Four)
- 7+ years’ experience with Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- 7+ years’ experience with distributed systems development
- 7+ years’ experience with real time, high volume transaction systems preferred
- 7+ years’ experience with Agile or related lifecycle methodologies
- Experience working with highly concurrent systems
- Full knowledge and experience of multi-threading and concurrency
- Experience working with networking programming and sockets preferred
- Financial services experience preferred
- Experience with real time processing, relational database systems, and data
- Ability to interpret business requirements
- Experience with Unix/Linux, Windows
- Demonstrated experience working with core business logic within applications
- Demonstrated expertise in analytical and quality assurance tools, techniques and standards, including performance engineering
- Awareness of current technology trends and emerging standards
- Independently assess risks, benefits and consideration of alternatives and makes decision